Chia seeds are one of nature’s rare, perfect, superfoods. Coveted by ancient Aztec warriors, chia seeds are said to deliver incredible energy, life giving nutrients and essential fatty acids. There are many health benefits of chia seeds including that they are a complete vegan source of protein, have 50% more omega-3 than flax seeds, and 5g of filling fiber per serving. Suitable for both sweet and savory dishes, chia seeds can be sprinkled on top of yogurt or salad, added to smoothies, baked into bread, used as a natural thickener for soups and sauces and even used to replace eggs and oil in baked dishes.
- Chia seeds pack in more omega-3 than salmon, and 3 times the fiber found in one slice of whole wheat bread
- Chia is a complete source of vegan protein, featuring 2 grams per tablespoon
- With 50% more antioxidants than a serving of blueberries, chia seeds may also help ward off inflammation
- The fiber content in chia seeds – 5 grams per tablespoon – swells when soaked in water, causing a full feeling that may also support weight loss and healthy blood sugar levels
- We never use pesticides or chemicals and we rely on the natural power of the sun to plump and dry our chia, preparing it for harvest
Organic Chia Seeds