Organika’s Marine Collagen is made from 100% pure, single ingredient hydrolyzed marine collagen. It is an excellent alternative to bovine-sourced collagen for those with dietary restrictions. It contains 15 amino acids to boost your overall health and mixes easily with your favourite food and drink. Organika's marine collagen is sustainably sourced from freshwater cod that is free from all antibiotics and added hormones.
Benefits & Features:
- Revitalizes, firms and smoothes skin
- Strengthens hair and nails
- Helps maintain healthy joints
- Amino acids to boost your overall health and aid in protein synthesis
- Lysine to help increase your own collagen formation
- Odourless and flavourless
- 9 g of protein per serving
- Sustainably sourced from freshwater cod scales
- Free from antibiotics and added hormones
- Paleo, keto and pescetarian diet friendly
Collagen is the most abundant form of protein in our body, providing us with strength, elasticity, tone and structure. It acts like the ‘glue’ that holds the body together. We require it for healthy skin, connective tissues, muscles and bones. Internally, we have 27 different types of collagen, but there are three types that we use in the most abundance.
- Type 1 Collagen primarily goes towards the health of our hair, skin and nails; this type is found in fish and bovine skin
- Type 2 Collagen works best at building connective tissues, ligaments and cartilage, and is found in high amounts in poultry bones and cartilage
- Type 3 Collagen builds muscles and organs and is found in bovine hide
Since collagen is primarily found in animal skin and connective tissues, it makes sense that supplemental collagen is sourced from the skins, hides, scales, bones and cartilage of animals. Organika’s Marine Collagen is sourced from the scales of freshwater cod, giving pescatarians an excellent collagen option without eating legged-creatures.
If collagen is so abundant, why would we need to supplement? As we age, our endogenous collagen formation naturally decreases. This can be up to 50% by the time we hit age 45. The more active we are, the more of these collagen peptides we need to heal after exercise and sport. Plus lifestyle choices that promote free radical damage like smoking, chronic stress and chemical exposure from our food, water, and personal care products can use up our collagen faster.
All these losses can contribute to signs of premature aging, like fine lines and wrinkles, brittle nails, cellulite and dry skin, as well as joint and ligament issues like injuries, weakness and arthritis. Collagen also has been shown to increase moisture within the body, like in our skin and joints. It is great for healing the digestive tract and reducing inflammation. Look for improved immune responses, mood, blood sugar and bone and joint health with collagen supplementation.
Mix 2 heaping tablespoons (~10g) in half cup or more of cold water, juice or your favourite beverage daily.