Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this rose quartz gua sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting effect on the skin.
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces puffiness and inflammation of skin
- Firms and lifts the skin over time
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
About The Brand:
Mount Lai was started by Stephanie Zheng, a beauty blogger and Traditional Chinese Medicine herbologist. It all started with Stephanie’s grandmother’s jade roller, a Chinese skincare tool that’s been used for thousands of years.
Mount Lai was created to make this tool accessible to all. Their dream is that their jade rollers provide you with a 60 second daily self-care ritual for both healthy skin and peaceful mind. The name Mount Lai plays homage to Mount Penglai from Chinese mythology.
There are magical fruits that grow on this mountain with healing powers. Not only do they cure injuries and disease, but also grant eternal youth. They hope that you view Mount Lai as a place for healing and wellness; Mount Lai provides products that help you create rituals for both physical and mental well-being.