It goes where? I have to do what? Yes, you wear The DivaCup in "there", in your vagina... but we promise, it is not as scary as it sounds. In fact, your body will thank you for giving it the period care it deserves.
The DivaCup is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow. Menstrual cups have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet, its breakthrough into the feminine hygiene industry is much more recent.
Many women feel uneasy about changing their menstrual care routine. Years of dealing with the sights and odors of disposable tampons and pads cause the familiar reaction: “ick!”. The DivaCup empowers women to connect with their bodies and menstrual cycles like never before. Perfect for all activities (air, land or sea), its easy care and use make for a better period experience. Wear The DivaCup for up to 12 hours without leaks or worry.
Features & Benefits:
- 12 hour leak-free protection!
- Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability.
- Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colors and dyes.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals.
Features extra grip ridges for easier removal.
- Cleared for marketing by the US FDA, Australian TGA, COFEPRIS and the first reusable menstrual cup approved for sale in Canada by Health Canada.
- Diva International Inc. was the first ISO 13485:2003 certified menstrual cup manufacturer and head office.
- First menstrual cup to receive MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) certification.
Recommended for women under the age of 30 who have never delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
There is not a big difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8" (~0.3 cm) smaller), but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage. We recommend Model 2 if you are 30 years old or older even if you have not had vaginal childbirth or a c-section because as we age, our hips naturally widen and the vaginal muscles lose elasticity. Because the vaginal muscles hold The DivaCup in place, it is important to use Model 2 if you are over 30, even if you have not had children.
Please note: if you find tampons and routine pelvic/vaginal exams to be uncomfortable, it may be best to first consult with your health care provider as the Model 1 cup may be right for you. Our model sizes are recommended, but since women come in all shapes and sizes, it is difficult to determine the vaginal size.
Discover the healthy, "non-ick" alternative to traditional feminine hygiene products. Join women worldwide by switching to The DivaCup today!