MagTherapy Gel is a form of transdermal magnesium chloride that is absorbed quickly through the skin, delivering magnesium directly to cells. Provides measurable relief from muscle tension, spasms, cramps, aches and pains - and it softens skin!
Use MagTherapy Gel at your massage therapy session, after a workout, a long day hunched over a desk - or anytime you experience symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Formulated with plant-based Amigel for easy application, MagTherapy Gel is equivalent in strength to our MagTherapy Spray and is half the potency of our MagTherapy Liquid.
Apply directly to the skin and rub into muscles. Shower or wipe away excess after 20 - 30 minutes, to allow time for the magnesium to fully absorb. Cautions and Warnings: For external use only. Keep away from the eyes.
Contains no fragrance.
Can you really absorb magnesium through the skin? Consider the evidence from clinical studies:
- A transdermal magnesium oil with a 31% magnesium concentration applied to the skin and via a foot bath was found to increase cellular magnesium concentration by 59.7% in 89% of study participants, measured through hair analysis (1)
- In a two-week pilot study, blood serum and urinary magnesium concentration significantly increased in a subgroup of non-athletes following the low-dose application of 56 mg of transdermal magnesium cream per day (2)
- Intracellular magnesium concentration significantly increased following the application of a transdermal magnesium chlorate spray to the skin for 4 months, measured by epithelial cell and blood serum analysis (3)
1. Watkins K, Josling PD. A pilot study to determine the impact of transdermal magnesium treatment on serum levels and whole body CaMg ratios. The Nutrition Practioner. 2010;14:1-7.
2. Lindsy Kass, Andrea Rosanoff, Amy Tanner, Keith Sullivan, William McAuley, Michael Plesset. Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study. PLoS One. 2017;12(4):e0174817.
3. Fabio Piccini, Guglielmo Ragazzoni, Laura Valentini, Emanuela Faloia, Pietro Gobbi. Intracellular absorption of transdermal magnesium demonstrated by ESEM-EDS. Italian Journal of Anatomy and Embryology. 2014;119(1):1.
Health Canada Natural Product Licence Number: 80033746