Quercetin is the flavone aglycone (non-sugar-bound) form of the polyphenolic flavonoid rutin. It is the major bioflavonoid in the human diet. A potent phenolic antioxidant, research also supports Quercetin's ability to stabilize the membranes of neutrophils (a kind of immune cell) and thereby balance the production of histamine and inflammatory signaling molecules.
Quercetin is a flavonoid, a class of antioxidant commonly found in fruits. Its use has been widely established particularly in Europe, for the treatment of a variety of ailments. Quercetin decreases the formation and activity of inflammation mediators in a manner that is similar to that of aspirin. An important function considering these inflammatory intracellular messengers are what cause the body's pain receptors to become more sensitive.
- Inhibits enzymes responsible for the production of inflammatory mediators and inhibits histamine release
- Helps prevents symptoms of allergies including itchy eyes, itchy throat, sneezing and nasal congestion
- Promotes cardiovascular and immune health
- Pure, high-dose quercetin
- Citrus-free for those with sensitivities
Take 1 capsule twice daily with food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.