Cacao was once so revered by the Mayans and the Aztecs that it was used as currency. Flavored with chilies, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices, the beans were traditionally ground into a paste to make delicious chocolate dishes and ceremonial drinks. A true superfood, Cacao nibs are a source of Potassium and a very high source of Fiber. Cacao also contains essential minerals and a host of antioxidants, giving it an ORAC value of 8,400 per 4 tbsp. 30 gram serving. While most cacao nibs are roasted, Organic Traditions Cacao nibs are raw with no added flavors or sweeteners.
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan
• Rich Dark 70% Chocolate Coating
• A source of Potassium and Fiber
• Makes the perfect gift
• Delicious on its own as a snack, add to a trail mix or grind and use as a topping on yogurt, superfood desserts and smoothies
• No fillers, flavours, additives, preservatives, dyes, artificial colors, sulfites, oils, coatings, sugars or sweeteners added